The list status message is issued as the response to a List Status Request message sent in an unsolicited fashion by the sell-side.
It indicates the current state of the orders within the list as they exist at the broker's site. This message may also be
used to respond to the List Cancel Request.
Orders within the list are statused at the summary level. Individual executions are not reported, rather, the current state
of the order is reported.
The message contains repeating fields for each. The relative position of the repeating fields is important in this message,
i.e. each instance of ClOrdID <11>, CumQty <14>, LeavesQty <151>, CxlQty <84> and AvgPx <6> must be in the order shown below.
Description of ListOrderStatus <431> field values:
- indicates that a list has been received and is being evalutated for pricing. It is envisaged that this status will only be used with the "Disclosed" List Order Trading model.
- indicates that a list has been received and the sell side is awaiting the instruction to start working the trade. It is envisaged that this status will be used under both models.
- indicates that a list has been received and the sell side is working it.
- indicates that a List Cancel Message has been received and the sell side is in the process of pulling any orders that were being worked. The status of individual order can be found out from the detail repeating group.
- indicates that a list has been executed as far as possible for the day. This would also apply if a list has been previously cancelled. The status of individual order can be determined from the detail repeating group.
- used whenever any of the individual orders have a status that requires something to be done. For instance,
an alert would be used when a buy-side firm has submitted a list that has individual stock reject that have not been addressed.
- used when a response cannot be generated. For example when the ListID <66> is not recognised. The text field should include an explanation of why the Request s been rejected.