The Registration Instructions Response message type may be used by broker or fund manager (for CIV) in response to a Registration Instructions message submitted by an institution or retail intermediary for an order or for an allocation.
The Registration Instructions Response message is used to:
- confirm the receipt of a Registration Instructions message
- confirm changes to an existing Registration Instructions message (i.e. accept cancel and replace requests)
- relay Registration Instructions status information
- relay assigned client and account Ids for Registration Instructions messages with RegTransType=New
- reject Registration Instructions message
Each Registration Instructions Response message contains a RegistStatus <506> field which is used to communicate the current state of the Registration Instructions as understood by the broker or fund manager. The Registration Instruction statuses are as follows (in highest to lowest precedence):
|Component Block - <StandardHeader>
|MsgType = p (lowercase P)
|Unique identifier of the original Registration Instructions details
|Identifies original Registration Instructions transaction type
|Required for Cancel and Replace RegistTransType messages
|Unique identifier of the order as assigned by institution or intermediary.
|Component Block - <Parties>
|Insert here the set of "Parties" (firm identification) fields defined in "Common Components of Application Messages"
|Component Block - <StandardTrailer>