Identifies the origin of the order from the counterparty of the execution or trade.
- 1 = Order received from a customer
- 2 = Order received from within the firm
- 3 = Order received from another broker-dealer
- 4 = Order received from a customer or originated from within the firm
- 5 = Order received from a direct access or sponsored access customer
6 = Order received from a foreign dealer equivalent
A foreign dealer equivalent is a person in the business of trading securities in a foreign jurisdiction in a manner analogous to an investment dealer and that is subject to the regulatory jurisdiction of a signatory to the International Organization of Securities Commissions’ (IOSCO) Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding
in that foreign jurisdiction.
7 = Order received from an execution-only service
The acceptance and execution of orders from customers for trades that the broker-dealer has not recommended and for which the broker-dealer takes no responsibility as to the appropriateness or suitability of orders accepted or account positions held.