- 1 = Per Unit (implying shares, par, currency, etc.)
- 2 = Percent
- 3 = Absolute (total monetary amount)
- 4 = Percentage waived - cash discount (for CIV buy orders)
- 5 = Percentage waived -= enhanced units (for CIV buy orders)
- 6 = Points per bond or contract (supply ContractMultiplier <231> in the component block if the object security is denominated in a size other than the industry default - 1000 par for bonds)
7 = Basis points
The commission is expressed in basis points in reference to the gross price of the reference asset.
8 = Amount per contract
Specify ContractMultiplier <231> in the Instrument component if the security is denominated in a size other than the market convention.