The CME Globex MDP 3.0 market data messaging feeds (MDP 3.0) uses Simple Binary Encoding (SBE) encoding techniques based on the FIX 5.0 SP2 message specification and schema templates that specify the components of a messages as well as the data types and identifiers.
The Simple Binary Encoding (SBE) format is a fixed position, fixed field length protocol supporting direct access to data, therefore avoiding the need for management of multiple variable-length elements which must be sequentially processed. This makes it easier for consuming systems to scan the message for key fields to determine whether or not to process the message.
The CME MDP Premium (Futures and Options, BrokerTec) feed provides:
- Lower latency dissemination versus the previous FIX FAST feed.
- Less CPU intensive.
- Increased timestamp granularity.
- Improved market state granularity.
- Independence between number of events, messages, and packets, including multiple messages per packet, and a single event over multiple packets.
The OnixS directConnect: CME MDP Premium Market Data Handler SDK C++, .NET/ C#, and Java SDK implementation features include:
- Support for CME MDP 3.0 Market By Price (MBP) and Market By Order (MBO) feeds for Futures and Options, and BrokerTec.
- Easy-to-use API.
- Support for the SolarflareTM ultra-low latency ef_vi API.
- Low latency and low CPU load.
- Complete access to the venue data model.
- Incremental Book Management.
- Security Status, Security Definition, Trade and News messages are reported.
- MBO support for individual order sizes that make up the total quantity at a price.
- MBO support for Order priority in the queue.
- Arbitration between A and B feeds.
- Synchronisation of client systems to the latest market state.
- Recovery of missed (lost) messages (both "Market Recovery" and and "TCP Replay" feeds are supported).
- Instrument Recovery.
- Supported instrument book depth level is identified dynamically (multiple depth order books are supported).
- Per-symbol and sub-channel filtering.
- Multiple channels are supported simultaneously.
- Ability to handle multi-homed hosts.
- Multithreaded architecture.
- Flexible logging.
- CME AutoCert+ certified.
- Flexible licensing terms and service level based support.
- Source Code Escrow.
- Supports historical tick data Feed Engine implementations supporting replay mode for full precision order book reconstruction for back-testing, strategy optimisation, market research and analytics:
- OnixS::CME::MDH::replayLogFiles: This function provides a pre-built implementation of the Feed Engine which extracts data from the previously persisted OnixS CME MDH SDK replay format log files and pushes it into the given Handlers. Useful when using the inbuilt replay logging persistence feature of the SDK to replay historical data sets.
- OnixS::CME::MDH::replayPcapFiles: This function provides a pre-built implementation of the Feed Engine which extracts data from .PCAP (Packet Captures) files and pushes it into the given Handlers. Useful when using the ICE Data Services CME raw tick historical data or other PCAP source data.
- OnixS::CME::MDH::replayDatamineFiles: This function provides a pre-built implementation of the Feed Engine to replay CME DataMine PCAP full market depth tick-by-tick data. This is identical to the PCAP replay with the only difference being the name of the function the parameters used to customize the behavior of the replay. Useful when using CME DataMine datasets.
- The OnixS directConnect: CME MDP 3.0 Market Data Handler C++ SDK Feed Engine advanced programming feature also enables developers to build bespoke methods for replaying market data from custom historical data sources.
CME MDP 3.0 Market Data Handler SDK
Support for CME MDP 3.0 Market By Price (MBP) and Market By Order (MBO)
All solutions are pre-certified with the Exchange thus providing production ready, fully maintained and quick to implement CME Direct Market Access solutions.
The OnixS directConnect: CME MDP 3.0 Market Data Handler SDK includes:
- Handler library
- Sample projects (Getting Started, Advanced, Benchmark, Backtesting, etc.)
The OnixS directConnect: CME MDP 3.0 Market Data Handler SDK solutions are implemented on multiple platforms including Windows C++ , Linux C++ (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc) , .NET Framework, .NET Core and Java.